Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Lazy Sunday

My weekends, to me, feel as though they should be an open opportunity to go and shop, photograph, explore and travel, and they are, they definitely are, but sometimes it's a lazy day or two. It's been one of those lazy days today. It's rained the last few days and today is no different. It started out as a somewhat gray morning but cool and fresh, too, at the same time. We slept in an hour later than our usual 8 am time to wake up. We took our time prepping breakfast and doing a few chores around the house. Then we decided to take the car to The Leela Hotel here in Bangalore, for brunch. It has been one of the best eating out choices yet that we've had. It's also the top of my list of places in the world that I would love to return any time I'm nearby.

http://www.kempinski.com/en/bangalore/Pages/Welcome.aspx

http://www.theleela.com/

The restaurant we ate at there is called, Citrus. It's a mix of different cuisines such as Thai, Indian (of course) and more. They have a grilled meats area, including seafood like shrimp and curried salmon. My favorite was the shrimp. I was so hungry and in awe of the beautiful place that once we arrived, I didn't even think of taking photos of the food. I did take photos of parts of The Leela itself, and I did take some photos of Citrus and the food stations. After our samples of food, including some fantastic deserts, we headed back home. Vikas needed his nap. He hasn't had one in a while (except he did yesterday). He usually works during the day and the evening, every week day, and I know that there are plenty of other days we can explore more of the city. No reason to rush it all. We'll just enjoy a little every day that we can.

 Vikas is checking us in. We had a reservation. Sunday brunches can get kind of busy.

This is where many of the main dishes are located. Things such as shrimp biryani, paneer dishes, pad thai, szechuan rice, yoghurts of all kinds, chutneys, steamed basmati rice, lamb gosht, and much much more.  



There are SO many desserts to choose from!






This bar has salads, cheeses, and meat selections. Also there is a grill and the chef will prepare different meat dishes for you such as grilled shrimp, curried grilled salmon, grilled chicken, chicken with a curried palak glaze and sausages. I'm sure there's more but that is what was on the sample plate they brought me. The shrimp was the best to me and the chicken was second in line. The salmon was good but a bit too much spice for me and a little too much curry, but still really good. 

Bread, soup and samber station. 

Once again, fresh flowers on every table. The flowering plants here in Bangalore are so easy to come by that just about any place you go will have fresh beautiful flowers placed out on tables, beds and wherever they can put them to make the place or room more lovely. This is one of my favorites, a Dahlia (daisy). 

There are many places to sit and relax along the beautiful corridors of the Leela Palace.






So there will be a lot more to come from what The Leela has to show and offer. There is a shopping area in the hotel (yes, a mall). More to come on that. I just wanted to share some lovely images and tell you about another wonderful place we've experienced.

This coming weekend, we plan to go to Mysore. It's a city very close to Bangalore. It's supposed to be a very beautiful city as well. We will be staying at The Royal Orchid hotel. You can see their website here, http://www.royalorchidhotels.com/royal-orchid-metropole-mysore/overview.asp. I hope to take plenty of photos so that I can share them with all of you. Thanks for reading! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment