Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Research of a land, it's culture, beliefs, beauty and language

I am watching a PBS special that talks about the history of India. It's called The Story of India and was released in 2007. As I am watching this, I feel the excitement as I see places and people and things that I would love to photograph and document. I love how there is so much that is new and growing in this amazing and flourishing country and yet how much ancient history is still there for us to see. You can read more about this special here: http://www.pbs.org/thestoryofindia/

I want to learn as much as I can, even the language. I want to provide the proper respect to the culture. If anyone has any do's and don'ts for me to know, please post a comment and let me know about them. I want to know and I want to pass on what I learn to others who travel around India as well. I think it is only right to be respectful in another country just as we would want others to do so here. It starts with one.

I want to make the most of this one year and enjoy every minute in writing and in capturing it all.

I'm learning of so many places I want to visit, photograph and enjoy. I feel like a kid again as I think about all I will get to see, learn and explore. 

2 comments:

amanda3137 said...

I saw the special on pbs when it aired and enjoyed it. On the other hand,i watches a special called slaves of india which showed a while other side. I have some great memories, but be sore to take along a stocked first aid kit and antibiotics 7

Patricia said...

From my experience in Russia make sure you don't go around the market asking for walnuts without clothes because you don't know the russian word for shelled nuts, people tend to look at you weird for that.

Post a Comment