Monday, July 18, 2011

The countdown has begun...

The time is getting closer to our move. We will be going soon to look for our house on what is called the "look-see" trip. I'll post photos from that trip. We've already seen some photos of the areas we'd like to live and it's really nice and tropical.

Now it's all lists and lists and lists. The lists are all of things such as, what do we need, what things here that we can't get there do we want to bring, what clothes do I want to bring, what shoe, etc... Of course my husband is basically thinking, socks, shoes, shirts, pants, etc... toss in suitcase, board plane. LOL! Boy, he's going to laugh and comment about this post. That's okay, it's why we work together.

So that's really where things are right now. There isn't too much to blog about just yet, but stay tuned because there will be.

I'll be the girl on the plane reading books about South India and Bangalore. I stick out already, so why stop there. Mostly, I'm reading to books to learn about customs, traditions and especially great places that I want to see and photograph.

I have learned of a great organization called OWC, Overseas Women's Club. The provide groups of women travel from all over the world to India a place to get together in the types of groups that fit your style, from hanging out and doing yoga, crafting, having lunch and chatting, traveling and a lot more. It's also a great group because a lot of the women know the best people to hire, the best places to shop, to eat, and things like that. I'm sure it will be a very helpful. I would say to anyone who is traveling, to look for groups like this because I'm sure there will be great assistance in some way by doing so. You can find more info from the Bangalore OWC here: http://www.owcbangalore.org/

I also came across another woman's blog who is doing the same as me. You might want to check her blog out also. http://beinginbangalore.blogspot.com/

So that's all I have for right now, but by next week, there will be photos and stories to tell I'm sure. :)

I recently published a photography book for our, my huband and I's, travels in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. You can find it and view it here. Let me know what you think. http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2324495

0 comments:

Post a Comment