Thursday, September 15, 2011

La Dee Dah

Well, I woke quite early and thought, now would be a good time to write. I've caught a cold of some kind. I've got the usual fever, running and stuffy nose, feeling blah.. the works. Vikas had it first and now I have it. He's doing much better but I'm just starting. I guess it's time to get out the old OJ and tylenol.

We haven't had a car really in the last few days. We've had to get a rental when needed. Here the rental comes with a driver. Believe me when I say it's safer for everyone that way. Anyway, we finally have our own official car and driver. He's supposed to be here tomorrow to pick up Vikas to take him to work. I'm not sure of the driver's name yet and have not met him yet but will do so this morning. Maybe I'll be able to sneak a photo of him. We'll see. Me on the other hand will be in the house. I mean other than the usual walk, I haven't gotten out much in the last few days.

I'll be honest folks, it's not entirely what I thought it'd be. Though it's only been a couple of weeks so giving it time is definitely the option I'm taking.

We have a housekeeper and a cook, same person actually. Her name is Husna. I hope I spelled that right. She is the same person who normally cleans this residence for the landlord. She's very sweet. She doesn't speak English but she says she understands it. Either way, we've got everything worked out so far and it's probably the most cushy job ever. I mean two single people who barely make a mess and don't need a lot of food. I'm happy, Vikas is happy and the maid is happy so all is good on that front.

So I mentioned in my last blog I was going to get a massage yesterday. That had to be rescheduled for Saturday. A torrential rain storm came along and I didn't really want to wander around in that to walk over to the spa. There was actual lightning folks. Lightning = no wandering around outside for me. I will, however, let you know how it all goes after Saturday's appointment. I'm excited to get the massage, even if it will be somewhat painful because I know it will provide some relief.

I'm sure I have some photos to post.. hmmm.. let me get those for ya.



This photo and the rest below are photos from one of our favorite restaurants in Bangalore. It's at the Taj West End Hotel and it's called Masala Klub. They have excellent food and one of the best desserts on the planet called, Kesari Phirni. You can read more about the restaurant here, http://www.tajhotels.com/Luxury/City-Hotels/The-Taj-West-End-Bangalore/Fine-Dining/Masala-Klub-Restaurant.html.

Also, if you want to know more about the Kesari Phirni, you can find that out here, http://www.sanjeevkapoor.com/kesari-phirni---khana-khazana.aspx and below is a photo. Enjoy! Try it at home and if you do, send me photos. It's a wonderful dessert! 



More photos of the Masala Klub at the Taj West End Hotel in Bangalore.


Statues at the restaurant, made of clay.



Well, I know there's more but I'll save it for the next blog. Hope you all had a great day. It's still Thursday there but it's already Friday morning here. Sleep well America!

0 comments:

Post a Comment