Friday, September 2, 2011

We have arrived in India

We arrived yesterday evening. There were a few irritating issues with not being able to check our luggage through to Bangalore. We are staying a few hours here in Mumbai to visit my husband's parents. It will all work out though, just a lot of luggage to lug around.

Other than that and a little bit of a sore knee from the flight, all is going quite well. So let me begin with the flight. As you know from reading the previous blog (if you haven't, what are you waiting for? get to it!), we were able to get upgrades to business class for the 14 hour flight to Mumbai. This was by far the best long flight experience I've had yet. We flew Continental and their business class is first rate in my opinion. Below are some photos for you to see. I took them with my camera on my phone so pardon the lower quality.


We get a menu before we take off. It lists all the options for our meals on the plane, including snacks, desserts, drinks (including a nice selection of alcoholic beverages). You can click on the images to see them larger if you would like a closer look at any of them. The menu is readable (meaning the image isn't blurry this time). Well, not all of them are blurry, but some might be. :)




The menu was also in Hindi. 


This is our little "survival package" as I call it. The airline calls it a care package. It's made with a nice material with a double side pocket area when open. Below is a photo of it the items that are in it. 


This contains, toothpaste, toothbrush with plastic cover, mojito lip balm, bergamot and honey lotion, tissues, hair brush and comb, grapefruit and bergamot refreshing cleansing cloth, eye mask, writing pen, earplugs and a coupon to take $10 off a purchase for any of the body items (lotion, lip balm and cleansing cloth) from the actual manufacturer, Escents. (http://escentsaromatherapy.com)


The remote for our monitor/tv. You can listen to music, watch games, watch movies and more. It was touch screen too which was fantastic!


The monitor/TV.


Our seat controls. Yes, that far right one is so you can lay flat. Loved it! I preferred my head slightly higher up, which one can do. It was so comfortable to watch tv and sleep. The chair was also very soft and cushy, along with the blanket and the pillow. If any of you ever have the chance to fly business class, don't turn it down (even if you are the only one of your group to get it.)


Dinner: Mashed potatoes with chives, sautéed veggies and leg of lamb.



Dessert: Edy's ice cream with hot fudge and nuts (passed on the cherries and whip cream). 


The seats in business class. 


My husband took this shot. The goober left the flash on. Haha! Still good shot of the chair though. :)


So we went through our debacle at the airport with what to do with the luggage (which we ended up stuffing into a car that was not quite equipped with enough room for that much luggage), got everything in the car, and headed for our hotel. With all the luggage blocking my view (it was in the spare seat up front). By the way, in India, they drive on the other side of the road. I was sitting on the left so the luggage was on the seat in front of me. Anyway, I could see somewhat out the side window. It's raining a lot here because it's still monsoon season, which lasts from about June to October. Honestly, it's nice though since I haven't seen it rain like this in A LONG TIME. 


The view from our room here at the Hyatt in Mumbai. You can see that it's quite gray outside and rainy. Anyone up for a dip in the pool? The floaties are already in there. What more do you need? In case any water gets splashed out there is plenty more filling up the pool at the same time. Haha!


Our breakfast this morning, which was included with the room stay. You can get just about anything from fresh parathas (with or without aloo), freshly made omelet (I got just egg whites, so yummy), fresh juice, fresh fruit and so so much more. My husband has on his plate above: papaya, pineapple, and chocolate bread. 


On the plate to the left is a tomato vermicelli. It was on the spicy side but soooooo very good. Always good to try new foods and things and I'm glad I tried that one. It was great.


So I meant to take a photo before I had started to eat my omelet but it looked so good that I forgot so here is my mostly eaten omelet with mushroom, bacon and cheese (egg whites only) with rosemary potatoes, roasted tomato and a wheat croissant on the side. 


Me working on this very blog. :) 


So we are about to head off to visit my husband's parents. I will write more soon because there is much more to write about. Maybe I'll have more photos to post too. Enjoy the read and I can't wait to write more.

0 comments:

Post a Comment