Saturday, September 3, 2011

Naptime!

Just hearing the rain hit the ground outside and the whirring of the ceiling fan has me in such a peaceful and relaxed state. It would be so easy right now to sleep. Lunch will be ready soon though so I must control that urge to want to close my heavy eyelids. Now a good breeze is picking up and there is a lot of moisture in the air which, after being in the extreme heat for so long, my skin is singing songs of praise. I love a good rain and I have missed it since Texas has been in the drought for so long. I hope that the good ole Lone Star state gets some rain soon. Last I heard there was a tropical storm heading that way.

Vikas, my husband, and the name I will use for that from now on (since he said it was okay) is happy to get to visit his parents. They are so sweet and they really know how to make one feel so at home and part of the family. As most of you know, I am pretty shy and quiet at first, mostly to observe my surroundings and figure out things and what is okay and is not okay. I was raised to be respectful and I will always do my best to do so. Also, let it be noted, his mom can make some amazing food!

I took a few photos but I'll post them later. I don't want to take up too much of the bandwidth here.

Hmmm.. trying to think of the other things I thought of on the way here that I wanted to mention on this blog entry. I saw so many places and things I would have loved to photograph but there was too much traffic, we were trying to get to Vikas' parents place, and it was pouring outside. Well, off I go. Time for lunch. I'll probably not write again until we reach Bangalore. Sweet dreams America!


0 comments:

Post a Comment