Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Unknown

So because of some body pains and issues, I get massages every now and then. I've been researching where to get a good massage that is more what I'm used to in America, versus the Asian style that is here, meaning no sheet, bare and being massage a little too close to the "no go" zone than I prefer. I've been reading other people's experiences which seem WAY more intimate than I would EVER prefer. I think I've found a place called SPA.ce (http://www.spacethespa.com/). There might be a couple of other spas too but I need to make some calls and ask some questions. I think the key is to let them know up front what you expect, which is exactly what I'll do. If that's very "american" of me then so be it. I'm paying them and it's my body so I should get the experience I prefer and am comfortable with. I will let you all know what I find and what I like most. SPA.ce is run by an expat Brit (meaning British expatriate) so I'm thinking that may be more directed towards what I'm expecting. I also can't wait to try reflexology massage. Actually, I'm also going to see about the spa here at the Taj West End hotel that we are staying at (http://www.tajhotels.com/Luxury/City-Hotels/The-Taj-West-End-Bangalore/Accommodations.html).

So each time we've stayed here at the Taj West End hotel in Bangalore, they've given us a gift. It's such a nice and thoughtful treat. Last time they gave us a small aromatic pillow. I missed taking a photo of it. This time they made us monogrammed pillows (each pillow has our first name on it). So on one pillow, it has my name (spelled correctly too, yay!) and the other has Vikas' name. You can see photos below. I absolutely adore these pillows! It's so hard to find my name on anything unless it's made specially so this was an absolute treat. The pillow came with a little card and a sweet note from the Housekeeping Team here at the Taj. The pillows are made with silk and down feathers.



This little fella was on our path to go to breakfast yesterday morning. Had to take a photo. Beautiful little home he has there. :)


Took this photo at the domestic section of the Mumbai airport when we flew from Mumbai to Bangalore. Beautiful and modern. Of course we didn't feel so beautiful due to our eventual 5 hour delay.

So we found out today that the house will not be ready for us to move into until next Monday. We will be staying a few more days at the Taj (darn <---- sarcasm). Right now I am a little bored from time to time, but I am honestly enjoying the rest and being a bum. It's also giving me time to do some research for things and find places I want to go to during the day on my own. I plan to do a little more research via phone calls tomorrow to find out more about places that do massages the way I would prefer. I'll keep you informed so that if any of you travel here you will know of a few good places to go. Well, and I'm not being too much of a bum because I actually have work to keep me busy. I'll try to take photos at any places I go too so you can see. :)

Off to breakfast and another day of new things to do and learn.

Just as I was about to publish this post.. out goes the electricity but of course within a few seconds it was back on. One thing to get learn to get used to here.


2 comments:

Valerie said...

Love the pillows and what an exciting adventure!

Just call me Cookie or Susie or Sueanne said...

Thanks Val! We are enjoying it so far for sure. You are welcome to come visit and bring Sam too if he wants to come :)

Post a Comment