Thursday, September 8, 2011

Random thoughts for today

My thoughts in this blog will most likely be quite random, but hey that makes it interesting right. We had the wonderful breakfast this morning as usual. I told Vikas that I could get used to just living in the hotel here for the rest of the year. They have everything we need and it leaves things so uncomplicated.

So yesterday we went by the house to look at all the updates and to sign the lease. We also met the couple that owns the house. Since it was our first meeting, I didn't bombard them with wanting to take their photo. I hope to get one later though. They are just the sweetest couple and seem so very kind. As our real estate agent mentioned, you won't find landlords like them very often. They were there to make sure everything was as we wanted it and were really going out of their way for us. Usually when you rent a house, they don't do much work on the outside, but they were having the landscaping and outside of the house cleaned up and refreshed. It was very sweet of them. See photo below.


Vikas talking with one of the landlords. I, sadly, can't remember her name at the moment.


The gentlemen working on the repairs on the house. It's looking wonderful! It looked wonderful before so now it's just that much better. 

I think we're both ready to move in now though. I'm also ready for the crates to get here. I've kind of been antsy about working on jewelry ideas. At some point I'll be checking some of the jewelry supply stores here too. I can't wait to see where I can find some nice beads to work with. I have some creative ideas that I would like to start working on. Glass and ceramic beads are some prominent finds here. 

On our way back from breakfast, it was a little funny to see one of the staff running quickly around a corner in her beautiful sari and as soon as she sees us she immediately stops running and leads into a quick paced walk while saying, "Hello m'am. Hello sir." Then she passes us and proceeds to take off in another sprint. You could hear her footsteps running around the other corner. I found that pretty humorous. The staff here is very courteous, well mannered and helpful.

I've been reading up a bit on the areas throughout town to visit. There are a few museums of interest. As we explore each one, I'll be writing about them and showing images of each place. 

Well, it's not much but it's all for now.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment